Monday, September 7, 2009

Its been a long time..

Yikes. Its been about five weeks since my last post. Luckily you didnt miss too much. I have had blogger's block as well as cooker's block since I finished summer school.

Now, I am back at school trying to eat anything possible to survive without going to the grocery store. Thank God for Aldi's though.. I purchased five items there for 12 dollars and that includes steaks, fresh veggies, and lunch meat.

Something else happened that I never thought would since I've been back in school. After freshman year of college I was so excited to move into the apartment-style dorms which had kitchens, I wouldnt be forced to eat in the cafeteria ever again. I never liked cafeteria food, even as a kid in school I asked to bring a lunch every day(chicken in the shape of a dinosaur creeped me out).

Now, after 21 years of hating mass-prepared food, something has happened. My parents got me a meal plan for the cafeteria and I LOVE IT!

I SO appreciate being able to make any salad or sandwich I want, and then have fruit that I can take home with me.

The plan is a safety net when I am busy and away from the apartment.
I know now that I will be able to survive on this meal plan until the meatballs and bread that my grandma gave me to take back to school run out. After that its back to grocery shopping and more planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment